Minnesota Food Association is dedicated to growing farmers and growing food.
The Big River Farms Program of Minnesota Food Association (MFA) operates an immigrant and minority farmer training program together with a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) and wholesale distribution service.
We provide farmers with the skills and knowledge to operate their own viable organic and sustainable vegetable farms, while providing fresh, organic produce to local consumers by the farmers-in-training and promoting a more sustainable food system.
MFA is a nonprofit organization counting on generous tax-exempt donor support.
Aaron Blyth, Farm Manager at Big River Farms, tells SPNN's Market crew how he prepares for the 2012 growing season and how, as a farmer, he deals with the ever changing weather in Minnesota.
Thanks to SPNN for the Market Series.
News from the Farm
- BRF CSA Newsletter: Week 1 June 18, 2013
- Sage Advice on Frost in May May 14, 2013
- Spring Open House 2013 May 7, 2013
- Photo(s) added: Spring Open House May 7, 2013
- Photo(s) added: AgStar April 30, 2013
- Cooked: An Evening with Michael Pollan - May 2 April 17, 2013
- Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program frozen April 17, 2013
- Weather Matters April 17, 2013
- Minnesota's Food Safety and Defense Task Force appoints MFA's Director April 17, 2013
- A Change in our Eating Routine April 17, 2013