Minnesota Food Association's mission is to build a more sustainable food system based on social, economic and environmental justice.
We seek to impact local food production, grow more sustainable food producers, and enhance their connections to markets and resources. We do our work in the St. Croix River Valley and the Twin Cities Metro Area of Minnesota.
MFA provides a full range of educational programming about organic agriculture to beginning farmers and to all members of the community interested in learning more. Our unique approach uses the rich resources of a Certified Organic farm, located within the 7-county Twin Cities Metro, to engage our constituents directly in the lives of organic farmers and the production of the food they eat. Our farmer training program serves individuals from socially-disadvantaged backgrounds, primarily refugees and recent immigrants. Aspiring farmers can choose to participate in varying levels of our programming, based on their needs and level of commitment to farming.
Thank you for making our annual
Open House a success!
We had a lot of people show up last Saturday for our annual Open House. We went on four hay ride farm tours, sold lots of produce at the farmer's stand, painted twenty kids' faces (and two bellies), and fed organic veggies and fruit to everyone!
Aaron Blyth, Farm Manager at Big River Farms, tells SPNN's Market crew how he prepares for the 2012 growing season and how, as a farmer, he deals with the ever changing weather in Minnesota.
Thanks to SPNN for the Market Series.
News from the Farm
- BRF CSA Newsletter: Week 9 Tuesday August 19, 2014
- What's missing in the farm-to-table equation? August 19, 2014
- BRF CSA Newsletter: Week 8 Thursday August 14, 2014
- New Richfield Co-op Gets Produce From Big River Farms! August 12, 2014
- BRF CSA Newsletter: Week 7 Tuesday August 5, 2014
- The Growing Season: Classes and Farm Tours August 5, 2014
- The Good Food Movement August 4, 2014
- Minnesota Food Association at the State Fair! on 8/24/2014 July 31, 2014
- Mill City Farmerâs Market - Immigrant Farmer Day! on 8/30/2014 July 31, 2014
- BRF CSA Newsletter: Week 6 Thursday July 31, 2014